Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion - Regarding moderation and membership

James T., and all fellow members,

  I am surprised you used the the term "Generally" in your
comment below.  For a jurist, committing the logical
fallacy of "Glittering Generalities" is unusual.

  In any event event moderated public forums have
proven to be a disaster as shown clearly with the
DNSO GA forum for example.

  The biggest problem with moderated forums is
it is a form of CENSORSHIP of a Public
nature and involvement and as such has no
viable place in a democratic organization
such as ICANNATLARGE.ORG is supposed
to be.

CENSORSHIP in any of it's UGLY forms is WRONG!

  Another well known and well documented
problem with moderated forums is who is the
moderator, and does that moderator have
a interest in the forum they are moderating
or hold a grudge or vendetta towards any
participant of the forum he/she or they
are moderating.

Self moderation is the best and really only workable
form of moderation that is effective and non-discriminatory.
Yet of course, self moderation doesn't seem to be one
of Michael's strong suits as is evident in his comments
below along with Joops
see:http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0306/msg01629.html
as a member from the beginning I fail to see or comprehend
how Joop can continually make such a mistake unless reality
is lacking in his actual perspectives)...???
The membership list clearly shows me as a member,
see: http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=chrono

James S. Tyre wrote:

> Though I generally dislike moderated lists, I think that the time has come
> for this group.
>
> As a procedural matter, it should be announced several times here, not just
> once or twice, as many of us have a great deal of trouble keeping up with
> this list.
>
> At 11:37 PM 6/22/2003 -0400, Micheal Sherrill wrote:
>
> >I would encourage all to go soon to the moderated list when it comes
> >online.  This is one
> >of the few ways that we can filter kook-zombies and trolls.
> >
> >Regards,
> >

> >Micheal Sherrill

    Pierre Abelard