Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion - Regarding moderation and membership

At 12:00 AM 6/23/2003 -0700, Jeff Williams wrote:
James T., and all fellow members,

  I am surprised you used the the term "Generally" in your
comment below.  For a jurist, committing the logical
fallacy of "Glittering Generalities" is unusual.
It is not a logical fallacy, it is a statement of fact. Many, including me, simply cannot keep up with the volume, making this list less useful than a (properly) moderated one.

  In any event event moderated public forums have
proven to be a disaster as shown clearly with the
DNSO GA forum for example.

  The biggest problem with moderated forums is
it is a form of CENSORSHIP of a Public
nature and involvement and as such has no
viable place in a democratic organization
such as ICANNATLARGE.ORG is supposed
to be.

CENSORSHIP in any of it's UGLY forms is WRONG!
Your understanding of what censorhip really means is lacking. Your frequent repetition of the mantra above does not make it so.

Self moderation is the best and really only workable
form of moderation that is effective and non-discriminatory.

Good lesson, but obviously not one learned by you. I'm not in the mood to give hundreds of examples (as you so often say, they're in the archives), but aside from your being the most poster, who else goes so far out of his way to take gratuitous, insulting and off-topic potshots at Californians, Canadians and Frenchman (among others) while simultaneously going way out of you way to defend the honor of all Texans, even when the slight you perceive clearly is not mean-spirited to any reasonable person?