Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws

Danny and all fellow members,

  It is obvious beyond the obvious that most of the illegitimate
Jefsey-election so called "Panel" members are grossly
inadequate and are attempting to dictate what the
basic structure before any bylaws or Charter has been
agreed to by the vote of the members.  The evidence
of Abel's continuing to fail to respond properly to
the members on the discuss list as to requesting
a vote of the members on the motions he is posting
to this forum...

  So either this is a bottoms-up membership driven organization
or it is not.  It is looking like the Jefsey-election false "Panel"
seems to believe it and it alone makes any and ALL decisions
as well as proposing any and ALL motions for this fledgling
organization and ALL of it's members.  Is that an ongoing
example of a bottoms-up membership organization?
I don't think so!

  So I can only draw two possible or viable conclusions.
Either this Jefsey-election False "Panel" is inexperienced
to the point of being both inadequate and less than
effective as to a bottoms-up membership driven organization,
or it is trying to engineer a capture...

  My hope that the former is the actual case.

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Abel,
>
> I would like to contact all the Panel members individually to ask them why
> they appear to be reticent to deal with the issue of bylaws.  Could you perhaps
> post somewhere the email addresses of all the panelists so that I and other
> interested parties may communicate directly with the "leadership" of this
> organization?
>
> The original panel had a mandate to guide "the public and open discussion of
> Bylaws for a new At Large Membership organization, trying to gather consensus,
> consider all inputs, unify all efforts, and put together, after no more than
> two months from its election, one or more proposals of Bylaws to be then
> submitted and approved by a majority vote of the membership".
>
> That mandate has never changed, but it is now far more than a year later and
> there still are no bylaws.  This is bullshit.  I and others expect results...
> we've had enough excuses.

    Pierre Abelard