Re: [atlarge-discuss] Evening Summary for 7/2/2003

Jeff H., and all fellow members,

Jeff Holt wrote:

> @Large,
>
> For this instance I adamantly disagree with Walt S....  The "Panel" has
> no power to pick and choose replacements, that has been determined by
> the vote already, as pointed out by JFC and Danny Y. both previously.
> As to the method of removal, while less than perfect admittedly, an
> email to ALL Members and a tally of responses, simple majority rules.
> Participation will determine choices more and more in the future - as
> well as means when adopted of Verification and Certification.

  I agree entirely with you here Jeff H.  And thank you for yet
again bringing this up.

> I do agree also that a mere 4 weeks is hardly sufficient time to draft a
> complete set of By-Laws, but point out that, by definition,  By-Laws are
> secondary to Articles of Incorporation; which puts the priority of tasks
> into perspective.

  Also agreed here.  This has been discussed before on this forum
at some length.  Several of the Jefsey-election false "Panel" members
seemed to be much more interested in a "Mission Statement" as
being the priority rather than the proper sequence of priority
of tasks you again outline.  I many times made this same
suggestion and was precipitously "Slammed" by Hugh
Blair in particular on this issue along with Michael Sherrill.
Not surprising...

>  This current Panel MUST make a determination of the
> METHODOLOGY for holding future elections also to avoid the controversy
> of the most recent past.

  Very much agreed here as well.  In fact such is a chicken-egg
situation, but one that can be dealt with adequately but seemingly
ignored or a desire by a few of the Jefsey-election false "Panel"
members and perhaps Michael Sherrill and Jan Siren in the use
of the inadequate DNSO GA E-Mail voting system...

> Having been involved numerous times in committees to draft various
> Articles Of Inc. and By-Laws, at some point there will need to be some
> person or persons willing to sit down and polish the wording, develop a
> "ballot" with numeration of each individual Section/paragraph for
> approval by the Membership, and the distribution of the resulting form
> to the membership by some verifiable means, just as an election.  The
> task is not something accomplished in a short time frame.

  ALso agreed here as well.  However there is a number of
well accepted voting software/systems available that makes much
of this less time consuming, several of which I have posted
URL's for on a number of occasions.

> Motion 2003-11: Web Committee; how are those three individuals to be
> chosen? Who is the "Panel Liaison"?  The Webmaster has appointment
> authority for Forum Administrators, should there also be technicians
> assigned for specific portions also by appointment of the Webmaster?

  Good questions.  I would also suggest that from what I have seen
of those making "Noises" as members here that have expressed
an interest in the Web Master position, none seem to have the
actual expertise or objectivity to handle the task adequately.
This too has been a problem in the past and still ongoing it
seems with the recent loss of the ICANNATLARGE.ORG
Web site information including the membership data.

> Just development thoughts at this point.  I mentioned in a previous Post
> something about "Editorial" staffers and saw no discussion.

 I did make mention Jeff H.  Perhaps you missed that response?  >:)
In any event I agree that a editorial staff of which two of three
should be non-members to aid in insuring or providing for some
level of objectivity...

> Sincerely,
>
> Jeff Holt
> Jefftttt@txucom.net