Re: [atlarge-discuss] Abel's, Daniel'sand now Sotiris's double ta lk regarding our Web site http://ww

Andrew and all fellow members,

McMeikan, Andrew wrote:

> [...]

  Agreed. No web page security on membership data is now or ever
has been implemented on http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=chrono
or any other link on the http://www.icannatlarge.org/ web page site.

> Jeff Williams is either assuming that read access to these files is
> available remotely (in which case I see no need for grep) or that the
> passwords to access the server were available (which initially at least was
> specified as not the case)

  Again no need for the server passwords to grep all the info
on http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=chrono
or http://www.icannatlarge.org/  as no security is, or was
on this links and all data was displayable prior to 06/25/03.
Hence it is easy to pull ALL that data....

  And also hence it seems that you along with Daniel T.,
Daniel C., and it also seems Abel, do not seem to have the
technical aptitude or understanding as to how and why
replacing the data in it's entirety for:
 http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=chrono
 http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=alpha
in the Mysql data base as there is both a complete archive
of all that data avalible from two separate sources as I
and others have already indicated...

> <soapbox type=rant>
> politech and cypherpunks lists seem to cover significantly more internet
> issues than this list and while I do think that group organizing is
> important, I'd much rather hear about what really needs doing not just ways
> to set up committees or panels to address looking at the best way of
> approaching a problem.
> </soapbox>

  Very much agreed here as well Andrew.

  My point is now we have yet another created problem that
need not have been created in the loss of data from
http://www.icannatlarge.org/ and in particular,
http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=chrono
 http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=country
 http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=alpha

> Anyway, it has been a while since I posted, I feel better now ;)
>
>         cya,    Andrew...

    Pierre Abelard