Re: [atlarge-discuss] Evening Summary for 7/2/2003

Jeff Holt wrote:

> @Large,
>
> For this instance I adamantly disagree with Walt S....  The "Panel" has
> no power to pick and choose replacements, that has been determined by
> the vote already, as pointed out by JFC and Danny Y. both previously.
> As to the method of removal, while less than perfect admittedly, an
> email to ALL Members and a tally of responses, simple majority rules.
> Participation will determine choices more and more in the future - as
> well as means when adopted of Verification and Certification.

I initially agrred with this position, but with the passage of time I've
become willing to cut the Panel a little slack on this - other than
Mauro,
the non-electees seem to have crawled back into the woodwork.  What is
their
mandate now?  And the Panel will be gone after we have the Bylaws and the
first Board election under the Bylaws.  Maybe sooner than we'd like.

I for one would like to see that the Board elections are kept open to
*all*
members, that is, that a person not be denied the opportunity to be a
Board
candidate because of prior Panel service.