Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: FC: California univ. student punished for... posting event flyer

Jeff H., and all fellow members including those from Calif.,

  Yep!  And their having a recall ballot out there also!  Makes
you wonder now doesn't it?  And the perspective new
Governor is Arnold Swartzinager too!  And to top that
off, I have a brother that lives in California too!

  I wonder what's next for the Land of "Fruits and Nuts", whoops,
I mean California???  >;)

Jeff Holt wrote:

> Sheesh!  And they wonder why folks call California the "Land of Fruits
> and Nuts"?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jeff Holt
> Jefftttt@txucom.net
> www.tejas-info-services.com
>

> > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:02:04 -0500 (EST)
> > From: "Thor L. Halvorssen" <thor@thefire.org>
> > To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
> >
> > To: Declan McCullagh
> > From: Thor L. Halvorssen
> >
> > Cal Poly Student Punished for Posting Flier
> > Public University Gives Veto to Students Who Claim "Offense"
> >
> > SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA -- In the spring of 2003, a student at the
> California
> > Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) was found guilty of
> "disruption"
> > for posting a flier -- in a public area -- that some students found
> > "offensive."  The public university placed unequal rights above the
> Bill of
> > Rights.  "Allowing some individuals to veto the protected expression
> of
> > others is an unconscionable betrayal of Cal Poly's moral and legal
> > obligations," said Thor L. Halvorssen, CEO of the Foundation for
> Individual
> > Rights in Education (FIRE).
> >
> snipped below

    Pierre Abelard