Re: [atlarge-discuss] Another lawsuit against ICANN, to stop WLS

Bruce

I don't actually agree that each registrar should be given the right to
manage expired domains registered through them.

Once the domains have expired, they should be returned to the Registry pool.

The important point is - that if you believe in fair and open competition
rather than monopoly - that each registrar should have the right to try to
obtain *any* expired domains for their customers.

Customers should not have to apply through a single favoured channel (as WLS
proposes). That gives the one channel an unfair advantage over its rivals
and must surely be deemed anti-competitive.

I thought one of the main purposes of ICANN originally was to break up the
monoploy of Verisign?

yrs,

Richard H