[FYI] Co$ und DMCA

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/04/27/1712248&mode=nocomment

eBay E-Meter Auctions Yanked

[ Censorship ] Posted by jamie on 10:35 28th April, 2000
from the bake-him-away-toys dept.
Does the Digital Millenium Copyright Act cover electrical religious artifacts?
Apparently the Church of Scientology thinks so. eBay has been yanking
auctions of e-meters because of complaints by the CoS. In response to queries
by a collector, eBay said "the Church of Scientology is giving us Notices of
Infringement, which we are legally required to honor. These items are being
ended for that reason." Does the DMCA really prohibit the sale of these
boxes? (more)

Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany, +49 431 386 436 00
Using PHP3? See our web development library at
http://phplib.netuse.de/ (We have moved! Update your bookmarks!)