[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Re:Deja.COM baut Werbung in Deine Postings
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] Re:Deja.COM baut Werbung in Deine Postings
- From: jan <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:28:32 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Whose Link Is It Anyway?
One Deja.com user said his concerns would be diminished if
Deja.com made it clearer that the links were not put in by users.
"The only thing Deja.com really should do is add a notice that says,
'Links with (the red triangle that appears next to the linked words)
are added by Deja.com and do not show any intent of the original author,'"
said user Thomas Themel.
Others suggested the company put the links outside the text of the post.
Deja.com said it would consider inserting a legend, or even moving the
links to the margins. "But we think it's much easier and a better user
experience to have it in the text like people are used to looking at
on the Web," Gorelecki said.