[FYI] TheRegister ./. Cyber Patrol

---------------------------- CUT -------------------------------

Novell bans The Register

By: Drew Cullen Posted: 08/03/2001 at 13:01 GMT

Yesterday, Cyber Patrol mouthpiece Janet Erikson said her company had
blocked The Register because we "published information on their
website providing details on how to hack into the software and render
it ineffective".

Today, we learn that Cyber Patrol is also blocking us as a sex site,
among "several categories", Novell tells us.

So how does Novell know? The networking software firm embeds Cyber
Patrol technology in its Border Manager product. Which means that
corporate customers of Border Mismanager could be unable to read The
Register.

[...]