[FYI] Danish anti pirates continue to target copyright theft

----------------------------- CUT ----------------------------

Danish anti pirates continue to target copyright theft

By Tim Richardson

The Danish Anti Pirat Gruppen (Anti Piracy Group) is to continue
targeting Net users who swap copyright material illegally.

[...]

"Most were surprised that we were able to discover them," Mr
Lindegaard told The Register.

And in a clear warning to Danish Net users, he insisted that APG
would continue to pursue this approach to crackdown on copyright
infringements.

"If we can stop people sharing [music and video files] we should be
able to solve the problem," he said.

At the moment the APG is targeting people who are offering music and
films -for free - for other people to download. It has no plans at
the moment to target end-users.

No doubt this approach will be viewed as a means of "scaring" some
people from obtaining material illegally.

Indeed, only last week an intellectual property lawyer who works with
the Federation against Software Theft (FAST) suggested that action
against end-users will "increasingly be the only way to break a
widespread habit" of copyright theft.

[...]