[FYI] (Fwd) FC: KeepandBearArms.com gets encryption religion, touts PGP

Date sent:      	Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:31:44 -0400
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: KeepandBearArms.com gets encryption religion, touts PGP
Copies to:      	PhilWells@KeepAndBearArms.com
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&ar
ticleid=2749

                     Encryption and the Right to Freedom
                                by Phil Wells

                                April 11, 2003

    KeepAndBearArms.com -- As this article is being
    written, more and more people are becoming aware of the intricate
    surveillance capabilities possessed and used by government
    agencies and the private sector to monitor the daily communication
    of law-abiding American Citizens. Whether it be the ease of
    wiretapping and email capture that was granted under the 'Patriot
    Act' or the data collection brought about by the Carnivore
    program, few people can argue the link between personal privacy
    and personal freedom.

    While at first glance, it may appear that those who wish to
    deprive you and I of the dignity and liberty that is associated
    with being "secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,
    against unreasonable searches and seizures" have an unbeatable
    hand, there is no need to worry, as we as citizens still have the
    right to exercise our 4th Amendment rights legally and for free...
    through the use of encryption.

    [...]