Re: [FYI] SCO plant Linux-Lizenzen fuer Anwender

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 10:13:13PM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > Wenn die SCO-Vorwuerfe nicht stimmen, nehme man 1 Rechtsanwalt
> > (nicht: Patentanwalt!) und starte z.B. eine negative
> > Feststellungsklage.
>
> Die klageschrift hat sco online, ebenso wie die ibm antworten.
> im wesentlichen liest man bei ibm, das sie darüber nichts wissen,
> oder das ablehnen.
>
> ibm gibt aber auch ein paar sachen zu. Ein Büro in Salt lake city
> zu haben, den hauptsitz in new york zu haben, eine Unix lizenz von AT&T
> gekauft zu haben...

http://radio.weblogs.com/0120124/2003/07/17.html

http://radio.weblogs.com/0120124/2003/07/15.html
Hier speziell

Admit, Deny, or Lack Sufficient Information to Form a Belief

When you get served with a complaint in a civil case, as opposed
to a criminal matter, each paragraph in the complaint is
numbered and each paragraph is supposed to have one or two clear
facts in it, and you then are required to respond to each fact
in all the paragraphs. The purpose of this is to get both sides
focused on what the case is about. What's the core of the
problem the court needs to solve? If you fail to address a
point, it's deemed admitted, so you'll notice the care with
which IBM answered absolutely everything and even added a line
saying in effect, If we forgot anything, we deny it now.

You are required to admit whatever you know is true. If you
admit, in a legal document, it means you won't contest that fact
in the lawsuit. A corporation, for example, will admit they have
their headquarters in New York, if they do, because that's not
at issue in the case. But if they admit they breached the
contract because they hoped to destroy the other side's
business, the case is over. If you deny, it means you feel you
can prove it to be false at trial. And that you fully intend to.

Obviously you want to admit as little as possible at this early
stage. So you read every single word, and if it's craftily
written to try to get you to admit something, you need to catch
it and refuse to admit. Anything you want the other side to have
to prove, you deny if you reasonably, honestly can. That's what
IBM did.

Der Rest ist auch noch interessant.

Kristian