Re: questions for candidates

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 03:32:14PM +0000, Thomas Themel <thomas@themel.com> wrote:
> no one has come up with a universal definition of 'domain use' and until
> this is done I think the

And while we are at it: "domain use" could be defined as proportional to
the amount of traffic it generates (e.g. mail, http...), which would in
turn be proportional to the number of dns queries which in turn could be
measured.

There is a rather large gap between "amount of traffic" and "number of
dns requests for the tld/sld", but maybe this would be a start (now, this
could be abused as well, given enough finesse on the side of, say, domain
resellers).

Now, if there *were* a reliable tool to measure domain usage, could that
influence the way conflicts could be resolved (domain not "in use" =>
revoke it)?

Personally (ah... this is a compaign) I'd like to pursue this direction
(conflict resolution by dmain usage) as far as possible.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@opengroup.org |e|