[ICANN-EU] Re: services

Dear Henning:

>could you explain in which way do you want to reach
>goals like availability or reliability of services in
>conjunction with ICANN? Do you think this is a part
>of DNS management? If yes, in which way is ICANN able
>to ensure that?

One reason for ICANNs founding was (quoted):

promoting the global public interest in the operational stability of the
Internet by
(i) coordinating the assignment of Internet technical parameters as needed
maintain universal connectivity on the Internet;
(ii) performing and overseeing functions related to the coordination of the
Internet Protocol ("IP") address space;
(iii) performing and overseeing functions related to the coordination of the
Internet domain               name system ("DNS"), including the development
of policies for determining the              circumstances under which new
top-level domains are added to the DNS root system;
(iv) overseeing operation of the authoritative Internet DNS root server
system; and
(v) engaging in any other related lawful activity in furtherance of items
(i) through (iv).

My goals are within these objectives. I call it a service to the internet
community.
A way to improve what I call service is to increase competition. Another is
to establish and/or
promote places for complains. Another way is to establish standards not only
for technology but for proceedings as well.

Best regards,
Andreas