Re: [ICANN-EU] Don't waste your endorsement vote

Joop and all endorsers and candidates,

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> At 22:47 3/09/00 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> >On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> >[...]
> >> Could you please elucidate why you think Jeanette is a better candidate
> >> than yourself?
> >> Or is it only a matter of the current numbers and a case of "better her
> >> than...." ?
[...]
> >In short: It is also a matter of numbers, of course. But I do believe
> >she will be a better candidate than me, yes, now you ask it in these
> >terms, I do.
> >
> >> This is not a choice I like.
> >> I like to back a candidate with whom I have good communication. Somebody
> >> that I trust not to compromise our members' representation rights away.
> >
> >I have that trust in Jeanette Hofmann.
[...]
> You have still not succeeded in transferring that trust to me. Only
> Jeanette herself, in this forum, can do that.
>
> As the last four days before the ICANN deadline trickle away, the sound of
> silence becomes louder and louder. Do we have someone here, who likes to
> keep all her options open?

I do not see much traffic on the lists at all from EU-candidates. So I
would not jump to conclusions.

> I would rather give my backing to a man of action and commitment, someone
> who swiftly created a new and very public legal lightning rod for the House
> of Tata.
> Bodacious stuff!

Yes (and thanks), though one might wonder about how useful he would be on
the Board of ICANN.

[...]
> What we now need to see is an orderly withdrawal of a large number of
> no-chance candidates , together with their opinion on who is the candidate
> -to-back.

That is what I hoped for. That is why I made my move. Who's next?

[...]
--
Marc Schneiders ------- Venster - http://www.venster.nl
 marc@venster.nl - marc@bijt.net - marc@schneiders.org