Re: [ICANN-EU] Don't waste your endorsement vote

At 22:47 3/09/00 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:
>Joop,
>
>On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
>> At 18:06 2/09/00 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:
>>
>[...]
>> >...I strongly advise anyone now to endorse (and later vote) for
>> >
>> >	Jeanette Hofmann
>>

>> Marc,
>>
>[...]
>> Could you please elucidate why you think Jeanette is a better candidate
>> than yourself?
>> Or is it only a matter of the current numbers and a case of "better her
>> than...." ?
>
>I think I have said enough about this in some messages posted yesterday
>and today. May I refer you to those, which you may have read already by
>now?
>In short: It is also a matter of numbers, of course. But I do believe
>she will be a better candidate than me, yes, now you ask it in these
>terms, I do.
>
>> This is not a choice I like.
>> I like to back a candidate with whom I have good communication. Somebody
>> that I trust not to compromise our members' representation rights away.
>
>I have that trust in Jeanette Hofmann.

Marc,

You have still not succeeded in transferring that trust to me. Only
Jeanette herself, in this forum, can do that.

As the last four days before the ICANN deadline trickle away, the sound of
silence becomes louder and louder. Do we have someone here, who likes to
keep all her options open?

I would rather give my backing to a man of action and commitment, someone
who swiftly created a new and very public legal lightning rod for the House
of Tata.
Bodacious stuff!

I'll give it another 24 hours and then I'll decide.  Everybody can monitor
the endorsements in Real time (http://members.icann.org/nom/cp/EU.html) to
see if others on these lists are similarly convinced.

The numbers are now Bourkov 415, Donnehaeke 743, Ms Hoffmann 927 and Andy
MM 2218
You stand at 9, so I can see that you are realistic.
Yet, my endorsement will not be wasted if it is counted publicly, even if
all it does is raise your backing from 9 to 90.

What we now need to see is an orderly withdrawal of a large number of
no-chance candidates , together with their opinion on who is the candidate
-to-back.

There are 4 days left for the process of re-allocating endorsements.

If we are going to create an EU at large council, all numbers  will be
relevant.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org