Re: [ICANN-EU] Don't waste your endorsement vote

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> What we now need to see is an orderly withdrawal of a large number of
> no-chance candidates , together with their opinion on who is the candidate
> -to-back.

Since I'm realistic too, I speak as a no-chance candidate.

When I was facing myself on running for this member-nomination I decided to
enter for running it till the very end. I promised myself to withdraw only if
votes given to me were causing dispersion such that there will be fewer
names to enter in the ballot than available seat.  So, considering also that
my endorsement count is negligible, I am not going to withdraw unless there
are quite useful reason for the whole voters community.
The thing that I think maybe quite useful for driving me to withdraw will be if
this act would lead to have more choices for final voters.
That is, I greatly would like to see two differently 'minded' people coming form
the @large nomination: one more 'social issues' minded and one more
'technical issues' minded so on elections voters may have more clear distinct
choices to do.
Personally speaking, I'm in trouble because I would prefer the second and
the third going into the ballot but I cannot see a way my withdrawal could
help. (The first ranked candidate really made a good job in not showing his
opinions here, so I cannot reasonably afford to blindly trust him for the 'social
issues' more minded role)

> There are 4 days left for the process of re-allocating endorsements.

Endorsments are not property of a candidate and when one withdraws have
no mean to even tell why is withdrawing to people who were endorsing
him/her so there is also no room to try to explain endorsers to direct their
'orphaned' endorsment vote to a specific elsewhere.

> If we are going to create an EU at large council, all numbers  will be
> relevant.
If relevancy is intended about the 'Eu @large council ' then just the total will
be relevant and not single candidate endorsments count so a withdrawal with
no corresponding re-endorsment of other candidates will be just a loss.(and
the risk of this really happening is quite high)

Best regards.
Giorgio Griffini