Re: [ICANN-EU] Don't waste your endorsement vote

At 00:49 5/09/00 +0200, Griffini Giorgio wrote:
>Joop Teernstra wrote:
>>
>> What we now need to see is an orderly withdrawal of a large number of
>> no-chance candidates , together with their opinion on who is the candidate
>> -to-back.
>>
>Since I'm realistic too, I speak as a no-chance candidate.
>
>When I was facing myself on running for this member-nomination I decided to
>enter for running it till the very end. I promised myself to withdraw only
if
>votes given to me were causing dispersion such that there will be fewer
>names to enter in the ballot than available seat.  So, considering also that
>my endorsement count is negligible, I am not going to withdraw unless there
>are quite useful reason for the whole voters community.

Yes. This makes good sense. The withdrawal is unnecessary and voters can
still giving some sort of weight to the different candidates' opinions
expressed here.
(too bad we do not hear Mr Bourkov's voice). The silence of Andy MM is also
bad news, I'm afraid. ( I can hear the whispers of his advisers)
But all this is good for further elections.  I think the European
democratic traditions are strong enough to come up with an elected EU
@large council, which could stand as a model for the to-be-created elected
DNSO GA.

BTW, I think it is logical that the IDNO will back those of the candidates,
who have committed themselves to the idno ideals by joining it.

Once we are accepted as a constituency,  there will be plenty of scope for
the best and brightest to have another run at a Director's seat via the
DNSO Names Council. :-)

Please take a look at our Charter. You may be pleasantly surprised.

--Joop--
www.idno.org