Re: [ICANN-EU] Don't waste your endorsement vote

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> >Since I'm realistic too, I speak as a no-chance candidate.
> >
> >When I was facing myself on running for this member-nomination I decided to
> >enter for running it till the very end. I promised myself to withdraw only
> if
> >votes given to me were causing dispersion such that there will be fewer
> >names to enter in the ballot than available seat.  So, considering also that
> >my endorsement count is negligible, I am not going to withdraw unless there
> >are quite useful reason for the whole voters community.
>
> Yes. This makes good sense. The withdrawal is unnecessary and voters can
> still giving some sort of weight to the different candidates' opinions
> expressed here.
> (too bad we do not hear Mr Bourkov's voice). The silence of Andy MM is also
> bad news, I'm afraid. ( I can hear the whispers of his advisers)
> But all this is good for further elections.  I think the European
> democratic traditions are strong enough to come up with an elected EU
> @large council, which could stand as a model for the to-be-created elected
> DNSO GA.
I agree, we will learn from these elections and if there will be another (I just
see 'pratical'  concerns to have these organized just from a ML) we all are
quite smart to make them going better than this one.

> BTW, I think it is logical that the IDNO will back those of the candidates,
> who have committed themselves to the idno ideals by joining it.

Yes, this is 'positive lobbying' and it is not problem. But we should always
keep in mind that a strictly committed director is not a real good choice
anyway although I understand that for a threatened interest group the feel to
back a candidate by just its 'equity judgement' is obviously hard to reach.

> Once we are accepted as a constituency,  there will be plenty of scope for
> the best and brightest to have another run at a Director's seat via the
> DNSO Names Council. :-)
>
> Please take a look at our Charter. You may be pleasantly surprised.

I already expressed here my opinions about IDNO and I already read  the
Charter. I'm actually qualified for joining but I prefer to defer any such kind
private choice after these elections. I don't like to start a flame and maybe
having  to discuss with people who blame at me for 'acting on purpose'
especially when it maybe not true.

Best regards
Giorgio Griffini