[icann-eu] Re: UDRP statistical update

Milton and all,

  Thank you Milton for this update and very interesting information.  It
verifies our numbers as well.  I does seem that there is some obvious
bias in towards WIPO in "Market Share" in dispute resolution services
as a result of the also obviously tainted WIPO process "Rules".

> Number of UDRP cases declines;
> WIPO market share increases again.
>
> The number of proceedings challenging domain name registrations using ICANN's Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy declined again in the month of November. Only 210 cases were filed with the three major dispute resolution service providers last month. This is down from 247 in October, and well off the peak of 343 cases in August.
>
> Market Share.
> The 210 cases were divided among the four Dispute Resolution Service Providers in the following way:
>
> WIPO 144 cases        (68.5%)
> NAF 52 cases          (25.0%)
> eResolutions 14 cases  (6.5%)
>
> Following an ongoing trend, market share became more concentrated in the hands of WIPO. WIPO's share of cases grew from 66% in October and 63% in September. As noted in a study released by Syracuse University last month, WIPO is the provider mostly likely to award trademark holders a challenged domain name. Under the UDRP procedure, trademark holders who challenge a name get to pick the dispute resolution service provider.
>
> The study, which raised concerns about "forum shopping" and its impact on the fairness of the UDRP, is available at http://dcc.syr.edu/report.htm
>
> The Syracuse University Convergence Center maintains a database on the UDRP for social science research purposes. The Association for Computing Machinery Internet Governance Project provided support for data input.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#