RE: [icann-europe] .kids or .kids.us?

Dear Wolfgang,

> a good question which leads directly to the legal status of
> ICANN. When I
> saw the news on .kids my first reaction was that this could become an
> interesting case to clarify whether ICANN is out of control of the US
> government or not.

You start with a fundimental flaw. The ICANN doesn't control what goes into
the root-zone. The US department of Commerce does. The ICANN ONLY makes
recommendations. That the DOC choses to listen, is accidental. From that,
the Internet is still under US control. Any other interpretation is
self-delusional.