Re: [icann-europe] Re:.kids or .kids.us?

Sergio and all

sergio.baccaglini wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> You are right. But I think that the At Large Directors (elected) are
> effectively responsible to the at large members, I think Karl and Andy are
> doing great job for example. But if I'd see that their actions could be
> different from my perspective I am sure I would not vote them again; and I
> am sure they know this.

  The problem is that their is supposed to be 9 @large directors on the
ICANN BoD, and long before now.  Two is hardly representative of
stakeholders.  I would vote for Karl again, BTW...

> Anyway, as usual we all get at the same point when we speak about ICANN.
> There's something wrong in the structure (see the General Assembly for
> example), how to correct it.
> But in the meanwhile problems keep on growing and somehow we keep on loosing
> with them.

  True.  And this tells me that the ICANN Experiment is failing...

> For example, going back to the kids issue, WHY Icann should not approve also
> any ccTLD? What's the relation between dot-kids and the ccTLD? What does
> this mean? It sounds like a proof of power, or a testbed if you prefer:)

  Good point...

> Bye all
> S b)
>
> > Sergio and all,
> >
> >   What the responsibility issue boils down to is that the ICANN BoD
> > is responsible to no one currently.  It should be responsible to the
> > stakeholders
> > directly.  If and when this occurs, than and only than will responsible
> actions
> > take place on a regular basis from the ICANN BoD and staff...
> >
> > sergio.baccaglini wrote:
> >
> @lists.fitug.de
> etwork Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> ail jwkckid1: , e-mail: icann-europe-help@lists.fitug.de

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827