Re: [atlarge-discuss] Status of nominations

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:09:10 -0400, you wrote:

>>>I'll add my second to the following non-member nominations.
>> I note again that non-members are *NOT* eligible.
>
>    Not eligible to be *nominated*?????   Why not allow them to be
>nominated, and then tell them they have to join if they accept?  Many
>talented persons might not be current members.

I'd suggest that if anyone wants to nominate a non-member, he/she should
contact this person privately and ask to join the organization asap. In this
way we avoid potential problems with someone willing to accept but missing
to register by the deadline. I guess that when we get near to the deadline
the watchdogs will ask confirmation to each nominee about the fact they want
to accept or decline, but if these people don't even follow this list, they
might fail to answer on time.
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.