RE: [atlarge-discuss] FW: [atlarge-panel] 006 Name - Panel approves Timeline and Schedule

Ford, The Red Cross and Disney are already branded, and assumptions can be
made that they are on the net, and where to find them.

Interestingly, since you bring it up, Disney's .com version is coined
Disney Online.

> Do you talk about The Red Cross or theredcross.org?

TheRedCross.org, while owned by The American Red Cross, doesn't resolve.
Only RedCross.org does.  (RedCross.com is also owned by The American Red
Cross, but it doesn't resolve either.  Perhaps these folks are not the
ideal model for how to reach your public online.)

Now, Amazon.com is Amazon.com, and 1800Flowers.com makes sure you know how
to reach them coming and going!

However, per an email I sent out earlier this week, I'm not suggesting that
the spoken name require the TLD.  But I think the written/logo name should.

p.s.  The Red Cross makes a good case for defensive registrations - at
least when they're used.
p.s.s.  Re an earlier message from Jefsey, there are U.S. trademarks that
include a tld:

1748 live .com's
http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=mc13cm.1.1&p_search=searchs
s&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA1%24LD&
expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=dot+com&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_AL
L=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query .

even 27 live org's
http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=mc13cm.1.1&p_search=searchs
s&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=live&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA1%2
4LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=dot+org&p_tagrepl%7E%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_o
p_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

even a typed drawing .org is trademarked:
http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=mc13cm.8.4
Judith Oppenheimer
http://JudithOppenheimer.com
http://ICBTollFreeNews.com