Re: [atlarge-discuss] FW: [atlarge-panel] 006 Name - Panel approves Timeline and Schedule

I personally prefer a name for our organisation which sounds like more than
a website.

Do you talk about ICANN or ICANN.org?

Do you talk about Ford or Ford.com?

Do you talk about The Red Cross or theredcross.org?

Do you talk about Disney or Disney.com?

Etc etc etc...

Personally, I feel we are going to be reported in the media as one of many
vying organisations, and I feel it is probably bad for our corporate image
to be branded with some stupid .TLD ending stuck on the end.

The .TLD ending points to a domain which points to a website ...

The website is "about" the organisation : it is not the organisation itself.

Obviously there are some who can recognise the subtlety of using the TLD
ending in our internet age, but I honestly think most members of the public
will not get that subtlety and to them it will just look "naff".

Just my views : let the membership decide

Richard