Re: [atlarge-discuss] let keep cool, organized and simple

Basically, I am in great agreement with Jefsey, because in my opinion he has

(a) identified the multiplicity of groups that should grow up, with varied
missions, varied interests, and probably each desiring a varied web presence
(in varied languages etc)

(b) identified an "architecture" which would help empower these groups,
while retaining some overarching identity - this "architecture" is
imaginative and has the potential to be really successful

(c) identified one approach to setting this up - which can be compared with
other proposals of course.

My ideal would be 50 varied groups, each FTP-ing their own identity and
concerns onto their own "portion" of netspace. This could then grow to 200+
groups as the movement grows more diverse, more international, more local.

What we should be aiming to build is a network of autonomous communities,
and I feel the role of world@large is to be a kind of shared interface which
does not govern, but is governed.

Jefsey's architecture is ideal for the "real" @large I envisage : not a
centralised ICANN pressure group, but a long-term network of communities
which has an integrity just being what it is. It is less 'political' : it is
more 'communal'. Whether ICANN succeeds, flourishes, evolves or collapses,
the @large still exists  - and by developing in this way, it will strengthen
its case against ICANN autocracy, and help make the ICANN politburo seem
increasingly isolated, despotic and out of touch.

Richard