RE: [atlarge-discuss] FW: [atlarge-panel] 006 Vote to choose organization name

At 02:44 a.m. 13/09/2002 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:
> False accusations are not the  way to ensure  that
> diverse individualistic people will cooperate in harmony.

We are not talking about the general public, we are talking about a member
of Staff, albeit volunteer.
Now I know what the fundamental disconnect is.
An appointment needs acceptance.
I do not accept to be "Staff".  I like to keep my full membership rights.

This is the reason I keep calling for a new webmaster.

The webmaster is essentially a technician who
performs very specific functions at the request of the governing body, just
like any other professional advisor one may deal with on a day to day basis,
such as a financial consultant, doctor or football coach. Diverse
individualism is not a factor, unless of course, one is reduced to begging
for services, which is 98% of the problem here and one good reason to start
paying for webmaster services, then we may have a better ratio of
aggravation to productivity.
Precisely what I have suggested since April.

In the meantime: you *are* reduced to begging, or at least polite requests, just as I myself have been reduced to begging (even from Esther Dyson) for financial and other assistance with the icannatlarge project.

--Joop