RE: [atlarge-discuss] FW: [atlarge-panel] 006 Vote to chooseorganization name

Joanna wrote:
> >We are not talking about the general public, we are talking
> about a member
> >of Staff, albeit volunteer.

Joop wrote:
Now I know what the fundamental disconnect is.
> An appointment needs acceptance.
> I do not accept to be "Staff".  I like to keep my full membership rights.

This is a huge problem Joop. What you are saying is that you are entitled to
use your position as webmaster to further your partisan views. No.

Nobody is trying to take away membership rights. You are free to vote and
argue your conscience, but it is a clear abuse of power to allow words to
spill over into actions taken as webmaster.

By my reading, you are now blocking this vote as a way to ensure your
personal choice wins, Icannatlarge. I have no idea how you know this name
will not be selected ultimately, I certainly don't know the result in
advance of a vote, but I do know that ICANNATLarge has more than an equal
chance to be selected.

By not cooperating and distributing this ballot, you are suppressing the
voice of the people we serve. Let's allow them to speak for themselves, and
not be lead by a few individuals who have spent a lifetime telling us what
to think, telling us what is right, justifying putting roadblocks in the way
on the basis that we must be confused or ignorant, that we do not know what
we're doing.

I think our membership is fed up with being told what to think and I want to
hear what they think. That's all this ballot is about, and if you are
unwilling to even help us do something as simple as that, then I can only
assume you have shifted to the "tell them what to think" camp, which for me
is an ICANN, top down approach.

Just send the ballot out please.

On a practical note, if I send it through news@icannatlarge.com, it's not
going to reach the full membership and I really don't have time to add all
998 members to my address box manually. I assume you already have these
compiled on a list?

Regards,
Joanna