[atlarge-discuss] Re: PROPOSED MOTION

I wish to PROPOSE that we approach Marc Schneiders, who has so generously
provided us with www.icannatlarge.org , and ask him whether he would be
willing to allow us the control of www.atlarge.org  - NOT as the name of our
organisation (which has been decided upon) but to give us additional scope,
particularly for developing the network dimension of our project (if we
choose to do so). I believe this will be an invaluable added string to our
bow, to hold in reserve, but that it may also give added weight to impress
those parties (such as Brussels) that there are alternatives to US control
of the DNS, in the days and weeks ahead.

Jefsey Morfin has already set out the framework and structure which could be
built around atlarge.org and IF Marc Schneiders was prepared to offer us it,
I believe we would have gained a valuable failsafe name which we could also
use if at some stage in the future ICANN met its inevitable demise (at which
point icannatlarge would become an irrelevant name).

I am not trying to overturn the decision on the name. I'm simply advocating
we consolidate our position and plan for the future.

Therefore, once again, I PROPOSE that we approach Marc Schneiders and ask
him whether he would be willing to allow us control of www.atlarge.org

Is there anyone on the panel who is prepared to SECOND this motion?

Richard Henderson