[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] Supporting an At Large Alliance outside ICANN

So is THIS the Real At Large?
And if the various At Large groups congregate as part of Icann's structure
at www.at-large.org then does that lend the fake structure a legitimacy and
re-inforce the expulsion of our representatives from the Board?
Wouldn't it be better to lend legitimacy to OUR OWN coalition as the real At
Large by participating in an independent structure at www.atlarge.org ?
If we are willing to participate in a structure INSIDE Icann (which is a
mischievous initiative and the rogue Board's initiative), then why aren't we
willing to participate in a structure OUTSIDE Icann (which would publicise
both our independence, our condemnation of the Icann Board, and our shared
coalition of believers in decisive User participation)?
I repeat my question: is it better to show the world www.at-large.org or to
show the world www.atlarge.org ? Which is a more legitimate structure and
concept, Icann's initiative or OUR initiative.
Our panel voted 4 for, 4 against, and 1 abstention last week on the
www.atlarge.org concept.
Can we not create a rallying point for ALL At Large groups, but not the
Icann rallying point?

Or... insanely... is THIS the Real At Large? (taken from
http://www.at-large.org/at-large-structures.htm ):

At-Large Structures:

  Worldwide

Name:  icannatlarge.com
Website:  www.icannatlarge.com
Forum/Mail list:  www.icannatlarge.com/forum/ and
atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de (subscribe by
sending an empty message to atlarge-discuss-subscribe@lists.fitug.de;
archives
at www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/)

Email:
 info@icannatlarge.com
Contacts: http://www.icannatlarge.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16 (for public
questions to the Elected Panel)

Africa

Name:  Internet Society Madagascar
Website:  www.isoc.mg/cop/isoc
Forum/Mail list:
Email:
 isoc-mg@ird.mg
Contacts: Andriamparany Marius, marius@refer.mg, Ramboasalama Haja,
ramboa@ird.mg

Name:  Internet Society Madagascar
Website:  www.isoc.mg/cop/isoc
Forum/Mail list:
Email:
 isoc-mg@ird.mg
Contacts: Andriamparany Marius, marius@refer.mg, Ramboasalama Haja,
ramboa@ird.mg

Asia-Pacific

Name:  Internet Society Benin
Website:  www.isoc.bj
Forum/Mail list:
Email:

Contacts: Pierre Dandjinou, infocom@avu.org, Yaovi Attohoun ,
Yatoh@intnet.bj, Thierry Amoussougbo, Amsiat@sdnpben.org.bj

Europe

Name:  Internet Society Bulgaria
Website:  www.isoc.bg
Forum/Mail list:
Email:
 isoc-bg@isoc.bg
Contacts: Veni Markovski, icannatlarge@isoc.bg

Name:  Confederation of European Computer User Associations (CECUA)
Website:  www.cecua.org
Forum/Mail list:
Email:

Contacts: Alain Moscowitz, alain.moscowitz@cecua.org, Tom Jacobsen,
JacobsenTom@acm.org

Name:  Sistemas Técnicos de Enseñanza Consultores (STEC)
Website:  www.stec.info
Forum/Mail list:
Email:
 ateneas@retemail.es
Contacts: Núria de la Fuente Teixidó, ateneas@retemail.es

Name:  ISOC Finland
Website:  www.siy.fi
Forum/Mail list:
Email:

Contacts: Tommi Karttaavi, tommi.karttaavi@iki.f

Name:  ISOC Italy
Website:  www.isoc.it
Forum/Mail list:
Email:

Contacts: Vittorio Bertola, vb@vitaminic.net

Name:  ISOC European Co-ordination Council (ECC)
Website:  www.isoc-ecc.org
Forum/Mail list:
Email:
 info@isoc-ecc.org
Contacts: Anne Deschuyteneer, secretariat@isoc-ecc.org

Latin America/Caribbean

Name:  Internet Society Argentina Chapter
Website:  www.isoc.org.ar
Forum/Mail list:
Email:
 emv@southtech.com.ar
Contacts: Gonzalo Auza   gonzalo@juandegaray.org.ar, Edmundo Valenti
emv@southtech.com.ar

Name:  LatinoamerICANN
Website:  www.latinoamericann.derecho.org.ar
Forum/Mail list:
Email:
 legales@derecho.org.ar
Contacts: Gabriel Piñeiro legales@derecho.org.ar,

Erick Iriarte Ahon faia@amauta.rcp.net.pe

North America

Name:  Institute for the Study of Information Technology and Society
(InSITeS)
Website:  www.cmu.edu/insites
Forum/Mail list:
Email:

Contacts: Peter M. Shane, pshane@andrew.cmu.edu, Prof. Ramayya Krishnan,
rk2x@andrew.cmu.edu

Name:  Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (Civil Society
Democracy Proj.)
Website:  www.CPSR.org (www.CivSoc.org)
Forum/Mail list:
Email:

Contacts: Hans Klein, hans.klein@pubpolicy.gatech.edu, Andy Oram"
andyo@oreilly.com

Name:  California Democratic Party, Computer & Internet Caucus
Website:  www.ca-dem-net.org
Forum/Mail list:
Email:
 RBHauptman@aol.com
Contacts: Rick Hauptman, RBHauptman@aol.com

I'm sorry, but by our very presence, we add credibility to everything that
Icann is trying to do. We need an alternative, highly public rallying point
for all the real At Large organisations in the world.

Richard Henderson