Re: [atlarge-discuss] "IPv6 & ICANN is..."

James and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

  Excellent post here James.  Well done!  >;)

  As you obviously know, IPv6 and ICANN's support for it through
Vent Cerf primarily for a number of years now, is and has been part
of the pre-loaded plan before ICANN was formed.  Many discussions
regarding this are still available in some old archives at IAHC.ORG
and gTLD-MoU.org E-Mail archives.

  As I spent several years on the IPv6 IETF working group it became clear
about 2 years ago that IPv6 had security problems/holes that were
of a design nature as well as some serious operational and implementation
problems that also could lead to privacy, ergo security problems.  The
fixes were discussed as some length but were not implemented because
it closed some privacy holes that some within ICANN or pre-ICANN
desired to remain so as to be able to track users.  This was a two
edged sword however as the USG military complex also saw that
IPv6 "As Is" would create also security exposures that they didn't
want.  After 911, these concerns became much more concerning for
obvious reasons...