Re: [atlarge-discuss] Fw: "As for myself, I don't belong to any *party* with respect to ICANN/Bush/& MultinationalOilConsortitums." ?

I don't agree.

I believe polling is extremely important for the future of the At Large /
Internet User democracy.

If we believe in bottom up, we should not be afraid of polling on many
things, and letting ordinary members pose polling questions too. In a bottom
up organisation, it is essential that the individuals themselves determine
the direction of the organisation... NOT their representatives.

Illustration in real-life:

Only 16% of the British public want Iraq to be attacked without a United
Nations sanction.
Over 50% of the British public want NO attack on Iraq at all.

And yet their representatives (like Tony Blair) seem to reject these
opinions.

One of the central issues for the At Large is the democratic right of
ordinary internet users to determine the future and administration of the
DNS. In contrast to the ICANN Boards expulsion of the democratic element,
the At Large can demonstrate a truly bottom up way.

The issues of Polls is near to the heart of our relevant business.

Forget delegates who can forge their own agendas and be manipulated in
layers and layers of processes (and then be outvoted anyway by other
delegates).

Forget appointees who are supporting other people's agendas.

Poll the membership and you clarify exactly what the organisation wants on a
range of matters.

Either go along with the membership or forget it.

Richard H