[atlarge-discuss] Voting techniques

It amazes me that we are contemplating the voting solutions we are
contemplating.

Though from the options given until now I would prefer the email to 3
(preferably even 5) persons and not to use a forwarder, since that would
still leave the system open to easy manipulation.

Someone, even I, can setup 5 email addresses for that, to assure
personal email addresses stay secure if need be, imap if need be as
well, but it will still be a "simple" solution.

There is another way, without running into proprietary software running
under windows:

http://www.free-project.org/

This system is made to do the job, uses java, has high security and
higly recommended and is free software (GNU) and is stable.

I am willing to provide the server(s) for this, providing someone with
an hour on his hands and more then sufficient system-admin knowledge
(Linux) and who knows how to set up java (there are some flavours
running on most servers, but you might need 1 consistant) sets this up.
It can run on one server, thought more is more secure and I would urge
others to offer the same, if capable.
I do however have more then sufficient servers in a secure location to
do the job.

Kind regards

Abel

===========================

Information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be
privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any
use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is prohibited
and may be unlawful.

Any attachment has been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus checker and procedures.

If you contact us by email we will store your name and address to
facilitate communications.

=========================

Able Towers and Able Consultancy are tradenames of Moordata Ltd.

2 Brickett Close
Ruislip
Middlesex
HA4 7YE