Re: [atlarge-discuss] WE HAD A DREAM, WE HAVE A PROBLEM

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:40:35 +0100, you wrote:

>I tried to push Vittorio,  calling for too fast elections
>so he could have acted as a good Chair in following
>Richard's time table which is the correct one.

?
We only decided to have elections. We haven't decided when, how, who
will run them...

>I asked him in private to move ahead while respecting
>democracy. I copied another Panel Member. Then I
>copied ten (former) Panel members. No response or
>one single delaying response ("please explain what
>you want to do"). He is the only one who does not
>know (I detailed him step by step what we want to
>do and got the appropriate legitimate support).

What you asked me is to refill the panel with substitutes from the
last vote so that we can delay elections and you can continue to
govern the organization. This is something I personally don't agree
with, because when 8 members over 11 of the original panel have
resigned, there is no true legitimacy any more for the panel. The
replacement mechanism is designed to fill a few vacancies, not to
leave the organization in the hand of a governing panel completely
different from the one elected by the members. Anyway, since I do not
decide alone, I called a vote among the remainder of the panel and
even you voted in favour of new elections.

So what are you complaining about?

>So everyone knows that Vittorio is the only one
>who owns the http://icannatlarge.org password
>and the list of our Members. And that he does not
>want to share it with the other Panel Members,
>but says he looks for someone he could discuss
>how to organize elections with.

I will share the membership list with whoever is designed to run the
next elections. I will also share the membership list with whoever the
panel decides to give the right to have it. If you want, call for a
motion and let's vote it. By the way, if I'm not wrong, Bret Fausett
still has the passwords (and perhaps other people too). I didn't
change them so that I am not the only one that has them.

For Joop: I am sticking to our governing panel in the present
situation because it was elected by the membership - you were not.

I did not resign yet because I fear that this will leave the
organization without leadership and bring it to destruction, but
honestly I don't see much value in my presence any more. Perhaps we
should simply let members decide whether they want to follow you or
Joop, which is what elections are for. What's wrong with this?

So is there any agreement on this list about how we should proceed? If
yes, I think we should go with it, and I also think that in hard times
giving the word to the members is the right thing to do. But it seems
that there is total disagreement between you two (Joop and JFC).

>This way everyone will understand the problem
>we face and why I want the Panel to incorporate
>ASAP, as the webmaster and listmaster of this
>effort. So Members can act to get the password
>from the ASP.

So you are doing the same thing as Joop did - trying to get the
membership list for a personal effort that you completely control.
Very nice.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---