[atlarge-discuss] A question for the candidates

To the 26 candidates for the Panel listed below, I address a single question
(Bwhose answer will importantly affect my vote:
(B
(B  Asaad Alnajjar (Asia/Pacific-United States)
(B  Thierry Amoussougbo (Africa-Benin)
(B *Hugh Blair (North America-United States)
(B  Daniel  Chirita (Europe-France)
(B  Kristen Doyle (North America-United States)
(B  David Goldstein (Asia/Pacific-United Kingdom)
(B  James Graham (Europe-Mexico)
(B  Catherine Hughes (North America-United States)
(B  William Jones (North America-United States)
(B  Sebastian Klein (Europe-Germany)
(B  Curtis M Kularski (North America-United States)
(B  Gilbert Lumantao (Asia/Pacific-Philippines)
(B +Ivonne Valeria Mu$Bño(Jz Torres (South America-Mexico)
(B  Pierre Ouedraogo (Africa-France, Metropolitan)
(B  Dominic Pinto (Europe-United Kingdom)
(B  Mark Poole (North America-United States)
(B  Andre Rebentisch (Europe-Germany)
(B  Mauro Demian Rios (South America-Uruguay)
(B  Jonathan Robin (Europe-France)
(B  Maniam S (Asia/Pacific-Singapore)
(B  Paustinus Siburian (Asia/Pacific-Indonesia)
(B  Sotiris Sotiropoulos (North America-Canada)
(B *Johannes J Teernstra (Asia/Pacific-New Zealand)
(B  Daniel Tobias (North America-United States)
(B  James Voorhees (-United States)
(B *Abel Wisman (Europe-United Kingdom)
(B
(B* = Question posed previously, response received.
(B+ = Question posed previously, response awaited.
(B
(B
(BThe question follows:
(B
(BHow would you, as a Panelist, act to raise the level of discourse among
(Bthe icannatlarge membership, and between the membership and its elected
(Bofficers?
(B
(BThis unmoderated mailing list has served as our principal channel of
(Bcommunication, but is flawed, in both obvious and subtle ways.  I personally
(Bbelieve (without estimating the numbers) that some persons who could have
(Bbeen valuable contributors have been driven away, or lost patience.
(B
(BJoop's forum has its attractions, but is more demanding on the user, is less
(Buniversally accessible, and for whatever reason has never gained a "critical
(Bmass" of regular correspondents.
(B
(B
(BYou may reply here, or on your website.  If the latter, would you please
(Bleave a very brief post on this mailing list indicating that you have done
(Bso?
(B
(B