RE: [atlarge-discuss] Legitimacy

This is a general response to this thread:

All sorts of allegations and mistruths have been bandied about by person in
this forum, which need to be addressed.

The election we are currently undergoing is being conducted by Jefsey,
myself, and Eric, the remaining members of the original Panel,  at the
vociferous demand of members in this forum.  As such, the procedures we set
up were minimal at best, based primarily on technical resources Jefsey had
on hand, and were clearly documented very precisely in our message traffic.
I remind everyone again:

	-  We three are not responsible if members chose to use procedures other
that those we documented to nominate and/or second candidates.  Despite
that, we bent over backwards, in the interest of openness and fairness, to
ensure that these misdirected nominations were included in the election.
But blame for the confusion should be placed squarely on the shoulders of
those members who chose to use those alternate methods, not us.

	-  We are not responsible if information on unofficial Web sites differs
with our own.  The current candidate list is on
http://www.icannatlarge.org/voting.htm, and candidate's statements are on
http://icannatlarge.org/election_list.htm.  The latter page was hosted for a
time on one of Jefsey's servers until he could get into the ICANNATLARGE.ORG
server (he had a problem FTPing in that has since been resolved.)   These
pages are the real deal.  All others are someone else's independent,
unofficial idea of what's going on.

In future elections, we need to make sure that the process the Panel sets up
is adhered to, and all other methods are considered invalid.

In any event, I can't emphasize this strongly enough: while there are
numerous At-Large-related Web sites -- including some run by ICANN! --
available on line, ICANNATLARGE.ORG is the only official Web site for this
organization.  If you didn't read it here, particularly regarding elections,
it ain't necessarily so!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info