RE: [atlarge-discuss] Nominees updated on Voting page

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

| How can you just play stupid and go along with this fiasco?

Which fiasco is that?  You were one of the loudest voices calling for an
election.  Now that we have one in progress, why do you call it a fiasco.
Be specific, please.

| I am pretty damn close to losing all respect for you.  You go along with
| this shit that Jefsey's trying to pull and your name is mud to me.

My performance of my remaining duties as a Panel member -- which are limited
strictly to conducting an election! -- are not influenced by what others may
think about me.  If I lose your respect for refusing to reneg on my
responsibilities, as so many others have, then so be it.  But if the remnant
of your elected Panel has no authority to conduct an election then who, pray
tell, does?  Or will?  It isn't our fault there are only three of us left:
everyone else bailed out and left us holding a bucket of crap!  Turn your
anger on them, not the few of us unwilling to dissert the organization in a
time of crisis.

It's easy for you and others to pick apart the procedures we set up, but
keep in mind that there are effectively only two of us doing it because
everyone else on the Panel whimped out and left it to us to do alone.  Given
that we are only two persons half a world away from each other with real
jobs, lives and family commitments trying to coordinate this thing by
e-mail, while getting all sorts of interference from unofficial sources, how
else would you suggest we ran this election?  I'm waiting for your detailed
response.  And note that if it requires more resources in time, systems, or
manpower, you should be prepared to provide them yourself!

I'll be the first to state that this organization needs a much better
process put in place for managing elections.  But this is the best Jefsey
and I could come up with in the short suspense required of us, given the
resources we have available to us.  If you think you can do better, then
step up and volunteer to conduct the next one!

We had a saying in the USAF: Lead, follow, or get out of the way.  Since you
can't do the first, and won't do the second, there is really only one option
left open to you!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info