RE: [atlarge-discuss] Not a watchdog

I'll back Jan up here.  Vittorio arbitrarily "appointed" Jan and Judyth as
watchdogs without prior consultation, then bailed out leaving them holding
the lists without a clear course of action.  By choosing to guard the lists
from compromise while what remained of the Panel could sort itself out, they
preserved our identity as an organization, and deserve all praise for that.
But they were reluctant heros, thrust into the fire.  They didn't jump in by
choice.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info