Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

Hello Michael:

I do agree with most of what you say, but I am still of the opinion that it
was totally unnecessary and unreasonable to publish Joey Borda's financial
relationship with his mother.  Yes it was transparent... No it was not
necessary to question that relationship in public.  If Joey wanted to do
that in public, he has the right to do so.  We, as the verification
committee, do not have that right.

If the membership does not accept our verification of an individual and
needs further details to support it, we can ask the person needing
verification what is acceptable.  We did not do that.

The work that we (we???) are doing is the work of a verification and privacy
committee.  We are obliged to verify an individual's existence and to
justify that verification, while preserving the individual's privacy to the
greatest extent possible.  We did not do that.

If we had worked as a committee, instead of only reading what Sotiris
published after Sotiris published it.  We could have done our job properly.
Sotiris prevented that from happening and you are attempting to justify his
behaviour.

The end does not always justify the means.

Ron