Re: [atlarge-discuss] Michael Sherrill Phone Call to:Re: [atlarge-discuss] Me...

Danny and all fellow members,

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Re:  "But I got you on tape fella!"
>
> Jeff, please be advised that U.S. Federal statutes provide criminal penalties
> for unlawful interception of telephone conversations, including up to five
> years' imprisonment or a maximum of $10,000 in fines.

  Not if I have previously publicly announced, and I have several
times on this forum, once again just recently.  I also filed that info
with the Federal authorities not long ago again.  So please try to get
your facts straight first Danny, ok.  And  I have also separately
been copying Micheal's posts the NIPC for some time now at
their suggestion as well as my legal councils.

> Calls that cross state lines are admittedly complicated legal issues
> especially when one state is a one party consent state (such as Texas) and the other
> state is an all party consent state (such as California),  but since the call
> went across a state line, the federal laws would certainly apply.  Surely you
> recall the indictment of Linda Tripp on such charges -- she recorded the
> telephone conversations of Monica Lewinski concerning her relationship with
> President Clinton (and did not have the consent of the party being recorded).

  Yes I do recall. And no charges were filed or prosecuted successfully
against Linda as I recall for such recordings. I for one commended
her honesty and integrity.  Many other good americans did as well.
As also did many congressmen.
See: http://www.thebee.com/bweb/iinfo131.htm
http://www.lindatripp.com/statevstripp.htm

> Personally, I think your practice of recording other peoples telephone calls
> to you without their knowledge and consent is repugnant.

  That is unfortunate.  I do have the right to tape any and all
conversations if I so choose, when I so choose, if I believe that
there is an miscarriage in justice, or a false claim being made.
In Micheal case I have plenty of evidence of his own making
to justify such.  I called him to try to get some idea why
he keeps making false claims towards me, AND about other
things he obviously does not have a good knowledge base on.
I would hope anyone would do the same for me.

  So it is clear Danny that you and I are very far apart on this
issue.  None the less I still respect your right to have your
own opinion.

    Pierre Abelard