Re: [ICANN-EU] Re: Short report on the NC meeting Oct 19

Jefsey,

>I am sorry, Thomas, but what I read in the by laws seems to me
>perfectly clear and acceptable, and conform to what is done in
>every Annual Meeting. And totally in disagreement with what
>Philip Sheppard writes and what you seem to accept.
>
>There are two different Meetings.
>
>- the Annual Meeting of the Corporation in 2000 to be held in
>   MDR. Nov. 13-14 with General Assembly on the 14th 0900-1200.
>
>   It is usual that the General Assembly is opened and managed
>   by the existing BoD and that at the conclusion of the Meeting
>   the Assembly welcomes the Directors elect and applauds the
>   leaving Directors.

The General Assembly is not the General Assembly of ICANN (that does not
exist [yet]), but the General Assembly of the DNSO.
While it is usually attended by a couple of BoD members (generally Esther is
participating), and by a staff member at the Presidency (generally Louis),
there is no involvment by the ICANN Board "as such".
I am ready to bet that half of the Board would not even be interested in
what would be discussed in the GA.

>- a Board Meeting on Nov 16th, 0900-1500.
>
>The by laws are very clear. the @large directors shall be seated
>on Nov 15th around 11:30.

In light of the above, no.
Even the "ICANN Public Forum" on Nov 15 is not yet "the ICANN Board
Meeting". Unfortunate, but true.

Regards
Roberto