[ICANN-EU] Re: was anyone else unable to vote in the ICANN election?

Norbert and all,

  To answer you question posed in the subject line, yes, some
3500 of our members that are At-Large ICANN members
were unable to vote for various reasons.  The predominant
reason being that they did not receive their PIN#'s. or their
PIN#'s did not work.

Norbert Klein wrote:

> Dear Jody,
>
> thanks for your additional information. As the Non-Commercial
> Domain Name Holders Constituency is also discussing At-Large
> Membership concerns, I copy your mail also to this list.
> Hoping that we can come closer to a solution where the ICANN
> At-Large Membership will not remain a Web Users Club only,
> finding ways to allow also the many e-mail only users,
> especially in developing countries, to participate actively
> through membership and voting possibilities in the
> organization that is described on the Marina del Rey Web site
> with these characteristics:
>
>         "ICANN encourages broad participation
>         in its bottom-up consensus-development process."
>
> Norbert
>
> ---
> ** Norbert Klein, Open Forum of Cambodia, Web:
> www.forum.org.kh

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#