Re: [icann-eu] At Large Study web site, members

Dear Mike,
very interesting lapsii calami :-) I cannot resist to.

On 17:42 01/03/01, Mike Roberts said:
>Let's now concentrate on participating in the study, which is being
>conducted independently of ICANN and its staff.

As a Frenglish speaker I recall that "Let's" stand for "let us". In your
case "us" is the iCANN Staff.

>   Andrew and Louis and I aren't going to make any pronouncements about
> the study or the future of At Large.

And Lynn? (BTW, Hi! Lynn, welcome on hoard!). Did you forget about (too
bad), or is him the one to make all the pronunciamentos (too tricky)?

A French Revolution leader said "give me two lines from any one, and I will
have him head cutted". He might have been right. All the more than a few
will understand that concentrating on the the @large study will allow
people not concentrate on your iCANN drift towards GAC, the DNSO
non-review, the ".biz" TLD take over and ".bz" disinterest, the IP
addressing plan, the oddities of the iCANN status, the multilingual DNs (by
the way what is a DN?), the IDNH, the lack of reporting by the SSRAC, NSI's
DN hi-jacking, DNSO/GA Chair election by the Members, the perfect cultural
balance within the iCANN Staff (Andrew is Yankee, Louis is French and
Stuart is British), NSI's whois sales, RFC 1591 update, ccTLDs positions,
augmented.root TLDs, DNS-plug-ins and resulting impact on the whole iCANN
scheme....

May I advise, I am not joking now, that we adopt your slogan "We the iCANN"
and have all those subjects and many more viewed through the @large study.
So the @large influence may - today - already show up. Also because if the
Study Group is independent and may change the bylaws (clean sheat concept),
it could suppress the @large, but most probably it should rebuild the iCANN
in proposing alternative approaches as we did ( http://icann-fra.org ).

All the best to you. I will not attend Melbourne. I wish you the best in
your new life.
Jefsey