[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights
- To: Joop Teernstra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights
- From: DPF <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 01:23:11 +1200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Doing Well
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 21 May 2002 17:35:52 +1200, Joop Teernstra
>For the Charter
>Section Members' Rights
>1. All paid-up members have the right to nominate candidates for elective
>or appointive office.
>2. All paid-up members have the right to vote in all Polls and Elections.
>3. All paid-up members have the right to make motions and second motions
>in assemblies or committees.
In an organisation with over 1,000 members one doesn't want any motion
supported by just two members to force a vote. There should be a
minimum number of seconds needed which may be a percentage of the
>4. (to promote participation)
>Members who fail to vote in 3 subsequent Polls or Elections lose the right
>to make Motions.
>Members who have not voted in 6 subsequent Polls are put on notice that
>they have to re-apply for the Voters' Roll.
>5. (to promote member-support.)
>Paid-up Members are members who are not more than 6 months behind on their
>Section Members' Duties
>1. Members must support their organization.
>1.a. Membership dues.
>2. Members must not work against their organization.
This is a bad idea. Each person will have their own idea of what is
or is not working against their organisation. Many on the ICANN BOD
probably think most of the GA works against ICANN while most of the GA
think they are trying to make ICANN better as an example.
>2.a. Expulsion rules
>3. (to promote diversity and participation)
>Members who declare in writing to the membership committee that they are
>unable to meet the membership fee will have the same rights and duties as
I think we need a bit more than that personally.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org