Re: [atlarge-discuss] ALOC spending

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sotiris Sotiropoulos" <sotiris@hermesnetwork.com>
To: "todd glassey" <todd.glassey@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: "atlarge discuss list" <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] ALOC spending

> todd glassey wrote:
>
> > Sotiris, I did follow the indents, I was reiterating my feeling about
the
> > content and complexity of the website...

as well as being stunned that there was any significant costs for anything
herein.

> Oh.  OK.
>
> You'll be interested in knowing that the at-large.org domain is hosted by
Kent
> Crispin and this is a quote from his hosting company's site:
>
> "Songbird has a strong committment to the ideal of the Internet as a
public
> service, and hosts several organizations for free. Such arrangements are
> discretionary." [ http://songbird.com/songbird/rates.html ]

Kent - I have several Internet Hosts' that could accomodate this WG's
activities as well.

> So, I wonder if the at-large.org site falls within Mr. Crispin's
definition of
> public service.  If it does, and judging by what is available at
> http://www.at-large.org, the "web site" (and I use the term loosely)
cannot have
> cost more than $100 (if that!).
>
> BTW, Denise Michel has chosen to sidestep answering my questions about
specific
> details as to the costs involved in her reckoning and spending.  I would
advise
> anyone considering making a contribution to the ALOC (in time or money) to
hold
> off until transparency and fairness become part of the SOP for Denise and
her
> advisors.

Denise - my suggestion is that a detailed disclosure to the membership of
where the money that was raised was spent, and that this is done before
more formal charges or an FTC compliant are filed to force the disclosure...