Re: [atlarge-discuss] news from bucharest: at large existsagain

Dear Todd,

This approach is often used, to show where you belong to, but also indicates that
the comment or opinion does not represent that body officially.

That was my intention. If it gave any misunderstanding to you, sorry
about that.

izumi

At 06:47 02/06/27 -0700, todd glassey wrote:

> > ---------------
> > As one of 7 elected members of interim panel of icannatlarge.com, but
> > speaking only for
> > myself now, I like to point out the strong need for the recognition and
> > implementation
> > of At-Large participatory structure by the Board which will lead the
> > appropriate allocation
> > of decision-making position at the Board level to At-Large.
>
>Aizu-san  - SO this says "Since I am one of the officials, but here I am
>only speaking for myself..."  - Either you are speaking as one of the seven
>or as a private citizen, so which is it and why mention the other status if
>you are not speaking from it as well?
>

> > In some countries and cultures, without invitation or recognition, people
> > will anyway
> > speak up and demand their interests be included in decision-making. In
> > other parts of the
> > world however, it is more difficult to expect that to happen. They tend to
> > wait. So if you
> > do not consciously "reach-out" to the users, individual and others, and
> > provide adequate
> > incentives for participation and representation, ICANN will definitely
> > become like an
> > ordinary trade association dominated by providers. I think that is not
> > healthy and will
> > give harm to the providers themselves.
> >
> > Finally, as we are working hard to self-organize the at-large members
> > globally, I again
> > like to call for the formal adoption of At-Large participation mechanism
> > and therefore
> > welcomes the idea of At-Large Advisory Committee as the first one small
> > step for us
> > here now, but hope it to become the one giant leap for ICANN and all the
> > players in
> > the long run globally.
>
>So what was the result of this commntary by you?

People listened to it, no question came in. There are some 25 to 30
people making comments in line.

izumi