Re: [atlarge-discuss] Election update

On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:50:40 -0400, you wrote:

>Vittorio,
>I'm sorry to keep beating the same drum, but your Charter constrains
>candidates to only carry out a narrow "inside ICANN, play by ICANN rules"
>vision of this organization. You are limiting Candidates to those who will
>volunteer to carry out your vision.

This is really not my intent. As we have to set up and have an election in a
very short timeframe, I simply tried to keep unalterated most of last
elections' charter in the hope that this would not raise issues that could
stop us from proceeding. If you feel that we should change those words as
you think they could prevent the new panel from changing the URL of the
website, I have no problem in doing it, though formally we would have to
call a new vote of the panel on the charter (and I still can't get all
panelists to vote on this one...).

I appreciate the distributed approach, but we need at least a minimal
charter to call for an election; I don't think that giving that mandate is
limiting, especially because we stated that the mandate points are "included
but not limiting". However if the panel wants to approve another amendment
and, for example, remove any mandate from the charter, I have no problem
with it. Only, I'd like to be discussing on policy and candidates, not on
wording details.
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.