Re: [atlarge-discuss] Questions, but No Answers -- Another Sham Election?

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:54:17 EDT, you wrote:

>Questions to the candidates have been posted by Alex Svensson, Joop
>Teernstra, and Jeff Williams.
>
>There are already close to two dozen candidates that have accepted their
>nominations, but how many of these have bothered to supply any answers to the
>questions?

I agree with your doubts, but I also think that voters will be able to
tell between people who have a track of participation and people who
don't. Of course, voters will also decide whether to weigh such
participation more than, say, personal qualifications of the
candidates. Also, you are free to post informational material - for
example, you could publish quick stats about when each candidate
joined the organization, or how many posts he sent to this list or to
the web forums, if you think these parameters are relevant to judge
the candidates.

(As for myself, I think my opinions are quite clearly expressed from
my posts - however I'll try to give my answers to all questions to
candidates, but first I have to finish the job as organizer of these
elections :-) ).
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------